Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wild Bill's Sports Saloon (Woodbury)

Wild Bill's is a local burger chain.  If I had to give a quick summary, it'd be "Hooters with Burgers".

We went there at lunch on a Saturday, and although it was crowded, there wasn't a wait - always a good thing!

For an appetizer, we went with the "Bleu Poker Chips".  Potato Rounds (not fries) sprinkled with Blue Cheese crumbles and chopped up bacon.  When they were delivered, they were still hot, crispy on the outside, and potato-y on the inside.  The bleu cheese was a little skimpy, although there was plenty of bacon.  The dipping sauce was a Southwestern Ranch, and wasn't spicy.  I couldn't tell the difference between it and regular ranch, to be honest, except for the color.

I orderded the Wild Bills Works burger - American and Swiss cheese, bacon, sauteed onions, and sauteed mushrooms.  I also went ahead and got the lettuce, tomato, and onion (optional, and they ask if you want it rather than making you ask to add it).  I got the default fries as well.

When the burger came, it was hot as well.  It was cooked medium well (closer to well).  I took off a few of the onions (didn't want to overload the burger with 'all onions all the time').  It was a decent size burger (8 ounces), but I didn't need to cut it.  The burger was well seasoned - I could taste it, even under the cheese, bacon, onions and mushrooms.  The lettuce was crisp, not wilted, the tomato was firm and ripe, and even the onions didn't give off too much of an onion-y taste.

The fries were cooked well, too. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, just like the potato rounds.  However, I did make a mistake there.  Potatos for an appetizer, and potatos as a side dish...oof.  I was able to fnish my meal though.  No desert for me!

The place was crowded, and I guess one of the draws was that they were having a bingo game going on, starting about a half hour after we arrived.  The 'annoyance' factor went up a little bit, as we were first bugged if we wanted to buy a bingo packet, then a little more as we had to listen to a bingo caller during our meal.  If you're looking to have a nice relaxing time, noshing on a burger, don't come Saturday afternoon.

I will come back here again.  The burger was cooked and seasoned properly and service was quick and attentive (never had to wait for a check or a refill).  One thing to remember - don't get two types of potatos!

No comments:

Post a Comment